During this season of staying home, you may be beginning to get a little antsy. Trust me, we are, too. Do you need a new project to do? Are you getting tired of the same decor or paint color in your family room? Do you have extra time on your hands and are wanting to spice things up around your home? Well, we’ve compiled a list of 8 different ways that you can redecorate or redesign your homes while you’re staying home
- Bring in some spring shades! It’s April, and what better way of putting a little pep in your step than bringing in some springtime colors around your home. That could look like a few pastel yellow throw pillows or a floral rug for your living room, but now is the time to bring in those springtime greens, yellows, and pinks. The best part is — you can order these decor items online!
- Paint, paint, paint! Nothing says fresh like a new coat of paint, both to the eyes and to the soul! We just recently finished painting our entire living room, front hall, and kitchen areas from the color that our walls were when we moved in three years ago to the color I’ve always wanted them to look like, and it has brought me SO much joy. Paint stores are doing curbside pickup, so this is an easy and fairly inexpensive way to freshen up your home.
- Order flowers from a local flower shop. Now is my favorite time of year to have fresh flowers around my house, and, I don’t know about you, but they always bring me a little extra happiness when I walk past them. This is such a great way to support your favorite local flower shop/business, as many of these have been out making deliveries to keep business going.
- Rearrange your furniture. This is a cheap (by cheap, I mean free!), low-risk means of giving your home a whole new look. Always wondered what your couch would look like in that corner? Try it! You can always move it back. Oftentimes, moving your furniture around is a simple fix to an itch that you have to redecorate.
- Facetime / Call / Zoom Chat your interior designer! If you really need some inspiration and design tips as you’re wanting to decorate, repaint, or spice up your home, reach out to your interior designer for a quick consultation via Facetime, Zoom, or phone call! Rachel would love to be a resource to you as you’re at home and wanting to make changes to your interior.
If you’re interested in a consultation, feel free to reach out to Rachel at email@example.com.